Thank you so much for talking with us today. I want to start out by saying I really enjoyed Choices and how pleasantly surprised I was to love Fate even more. Hearing the story from Brody’s point of really drew me in.
Our first set of questions are what we like to call
They are silly and will allow our readers to get to know you.
1. Do you like your ice crushed or cubed?
2. If you were a fairy tale character who would you be?
I’d like to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast – she has the best story for taming the bad guy 🙂
3. Do you kill bugs or set them free?
I’m a killer. Gut instinct.
4. If you could go to the past or the future, where would you go and why?
I would love to travel to the past, maybe the 1920s because I feel as if the world was just coming into its own. It was pre-depression, and the feminist and equality movements were just on the verge of happening. It would have been nice to see the things that make this country what it is today.
5. If you weren’t human what would you be?
Ummmm…. this is a hard one. I think I’d like to be a vampire. I’m obsessed with them right now!
1. Did you always know that Quincy would end up with Brody or was there a certain point where it hit you?
This is a great question because many people would never guess that I originally wrote the book with the intention that she ended up with Declan!!! My friends and faithful beta readers wouldn’t hear of it!
2. What would you say to people who feel Quincy was playing both boys?
I would ask that they keep in mind that she was an 18 year old girl with a lot of baggage. She had a lot of growing up to do!
3. We know that essentially Quincy is based on you. How hard was it for you to write the scene where her sister has committed suicide and why did you feel it was important?
It was hard, harder than I imagined it would be. I think I just wanted people to see how your decisions affect those around you. I also wanted to show that you never know what is going on in someone’s life, so you should never judge people based on appearances.
4. I have to say I was rooting for Brody the whole book and sometime just wanted to slap some sense into Quincy. What would you say to the people who felt she made the wrong decision?
I felt the same way when I was writing it! Believe me when I say that characters sometimes take on their own personality and kind of write their own story. I mean, Quincy really was wishy-washy, but again, she was only 18 years old. I would say that although Declan was a great guy, he deserved someone who only wanted him. He deserved better.
5. What should we expect from Patience?
I know it is Eric and Jenna’s story, but are there any surprises? I wrote a really fun novella for them. It’s a story about their first few months together, and I wanted it to be a really light read. After Choices and Fate, I thought we needed a little fun! I plan another novella for Eric and Jenna that chronicles their wedding, honeymoon, etc.
6. What are you working on now?
DECLAN!!! He deserves a happily ever after, and I’m trying to get one for him. His book is called Hope, and I’m really having a good time with it.
7. Tell us a little bit about your cover art. Who designed it?
All of my covers have been designed by MSA Photography (Melissa Storm Allen). She does a great job, and I trust her to make the characters come to life. The photos were taken right here in TN, and I am in love with them!
Thank you for your time.
Thanks for asking! I hope you enjoy Jenna and Eric’s story!